CBRC is seeking an Events and Social Media Coordinator to fill a temporary contract position to assist with Summit 2018 ending on Nov 10, with the possibility of an extension of the contract. The ideal candidate is experienced in planning, coordinating, and organizing an event schedule and any related logistics for conferences and meetings. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- self-starter that excels working in fast-paced environments with competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Social Media skills - knowledge of advertising and marketing on Social Media platforms
- Experience with Apple computers, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with organization and logistics before and during Summit 2018.
- Coordinate with internal staff to promote and publicize events
- Assist in the development of communication materials
- Experience with event management tools (Eventbrite) including data entry, site design, invitation and e-mail management, developing communications, tracking attendance, responding to inquiries or directing them as required
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and training
- Liaising with staff and stakeholders in order to assess needs and propose solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
The organization will have rolling interviews and will be interviewing candidates until the position has been filled. Please apply to Michael Haack at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume by 26 October 2018 with the position title in the subject line.
Community-Based Research Centre is dedicated to improving the health of queer men through research, leadership development, and community mobilization. CBRC’s foundational pillars - a strong network of like-minded agencies, the SexNow Survey, the Summit for queer men’s health and community health leadership programming - have positioned the organization as a thought leader, transforming ideas into actions that make a difference in queer men's lives.
The Summit is an annual event that brings health researchers, community-based organizations, services providers, and community members together to exchanges ideas and lead the conversation on queer men’s health and well-being in Canada. Launched in 2005 by Community-Based Research Centre, the Summit is a place where ideas are generated and explored, providing a platform for capacity building, training and education.